Automotive art is what the Talbot-Lago Teardrop coupes are emitting then and now. And this beautiful poster artwork by W.Fleming is telling their story of fluid grace and inherent motion like nothing before.
It all begun at Suresnes, a Paris district where Alexandre Darracq built his automotive factory in 1896. In 1912 he decided to sell his business. 10 years later, new owners of Suresnes factory renamed it to Automobiles Talbot. Because there was also British Talbot cars, French ones were badged as Talbot Darracq.
In the early 30`s, right after the Great depression, a new manager was appointed in order to invigorate the business and to revive the heritage. His name was Antonio Lago and he successfully completed a management buy-out of the company which then was under receivership. Meanwhile, he started to change the company and this very change started in 1933.